Aging Life CareTM is a holistic, client-centered approach to caring for older adults or others facing ongoing health challenges. Working with families, the expertise of Aging Life CareTM Professionals provides guidance and actions that ensure quality care and an optimal life for those they love, thus reducing worry, stress and time off of work for family caregivers through:
- Assessment and monitoring
- Planning and problem-solving
- Education and advocacy
- Family caregiver coaching
- Long-distance caregiving
Aging Life CareTM Professionals are engaged to assist in a variety of areas. Click here for more details.
Local, cost effective resources are identified and engaged as needed.
A care plan tailored for each individual's circumstances is prepared after a comprehensive assessment. The plan may be modified, in consultation with client and family, as circumstances change.
WHAT IS AGING LIFE CARETM?
Aging Life CareTM Professionals are engaged to assist in a variety of areas, such as:
Helping families evaluate and select the appropriate level of housing or residential options.
- Home Care Services
Determining types of services that are right for a client and assisting the family to engage and monitor those services.
- Medical Management
Attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, client, and family, and if appropriate, monitoring client's adherence to medical orders and instructions.
Keeping family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs needs of the client.
- Social Activities
Providing opportunity for client to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that will enrich his or her quality of life.
Referring to or consulting with an elder law attorney; providing expert opinion for courts in determining level of care.
May include reviewing or overseeing bill paying or consulting with accountant or client's Power of Attorney.
Providing information on Federal and state entitlements; connecting families to local programs.
- Safety and Security
Monitoring the client at home; recommending technologies to add security or safety; observing changes and potential risks of exploitation or abuse.
- Long Distance Care
Coordinating the care of a loved one for families that live at a distance; including crisis management.
WHAT IS AN AGING LIFE CARETM PROFESSIONAL?
An Aging Life CareTM Professional, also known as a geriatric care manager, is a health and human services specialist who acts as a guide and advocate for families who are caring for older relatives or disabled adults. The Aging Life CareTM Professional is educated and experienced in any of several fields related to Aging Life CareTM / care management, including, but not limited to gerontology, nursing, social work, psychology, or occupational therapy, with a specialized focus on issues related to aging and elder care.
The Aging Life CareTM Professional assists clients in attaining their maximum functional potential. The individual's independence is encouraged, while safety and security concerns are also addressed. Aging Life CareTM Professionals are able to address a broad range of issues related to the well-being of their client. They also have extensive knowledge about the costs, quality, and availability of resources in their communities.
Aging Life CareTM Professionals become the "coach" and families or clients the "team captain."
Aging Life CareTM Professionals are members of the Aging Aging Life Care AssociationTM (ALCA) and differ from Patient Advocates, Senior Advisors, Senior Navigators, and Elder Advocates. ALCA members must meet stringent education, experience, and certification requirements of the organization, and all members are required to adhere to a strict code of ethics and standards of practice. More information can be found at www.aginglifecare.org.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU NEED AN AGING LIFE CARETM PROFESSIONAL?
When caregiving for an aging family member becomes overwhelming, it may be time to contact an Aging Life CareTM Professional. You may need an Aging Life CareTM Professional if:
- The person for whom you are caring has limited or no family support.
- Your family has just become involved with helping the individual and needs direction about available services.
- The person for whom you are caring has multiple medical or psychological issues.
- The person for whom you are caring is unable to live safely in his/her current environment.
- Your family is either "burned out" or confused about care solutions.
- Your family has limited time and/or expertise in dealing with your loved ones' chronic care needs.
- Your family is at odds regarding care decisions.
- The person for whom you are caring is not pleased with current care providers and requires advocacy.
- The person for whom you are caring is confused about his/her own financial and/or legal situation.
- Your family needs education and/or direction in dealing with behaviors associated with dementia.
- You live at a distance from your loved one.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING AN AGING LIFE CARETM PROFESSIONAL?
Aging Life CareTM Services are offered in a variety of settings. Professionals can serve the needs of their clients by providing:
- Personalized and compassionate service - focusing on the individual's wants and needs.
- Accessibility - care is typically available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Continuity of care - communications are coordinated between family members, doctors and other professionals, and service providers.
- Cost containment - inappropriate placements, duplication of services, and unnecessary hospitalizations are avoided.
- Quality control - Aging Life CareTM services follow ALCA's Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
PLEASE CONTACT INSPIRE CARE OF CNY
if you have other questions that have not
been answered here.
Or Email: email@example.com.
“The value of her services to me and to my family cannot be measured in words.
We truly believe that this could have been devastating to our family without her help.
She is an advocate for families and we feel blessed to have worked with her.”
- Chris (Syracuse, NY)
“Without Becky Auyer's intervention I really don't think my mother would have had the great care she received or that my sisters and I could have survived the last few months (and especially) hours, without Becky's help. She is a Godsend and no family should ever be without her services. We love her and always will. Thanks again Becky!"
- Jeff (Syracuse, NY)
“I could describe the great care my dad received and the wonderful services Inspire Care provided our family using quality indicators such as: professionalism, dedication, caring, coordination, and collaboration, but the simple fact is that we trusted Becky with our dad in our family home and saw the results each day. Although dad is no longer with us, the relationship we developed with Becky endures.”
- Phil (New York)
“The care my mother received from Inspire Care of CNY was just what we had hoped for.
Without it she would have had to go into a nursing home. Thank you for all you do.”
- Becky (Syracuse, NY)
“Thank you SO much for everything you did for us.
You were a great support in this difficult period.”
- Lori (Philadelphia, PA)
If someone you love is unable to lead the independent life that he or she once enjoyed, and you need assistance in locating the appropriate services and support, Inspire Care can provide the help you need. Please call or email to begin the opportunity of relieving the unnecessary stress and indecision.
Your loved one deserves the very best care.